Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rating the 6 Projects

I found each of the assignments in the 6x1 class to be far more enjoyable than the projects usually given in a film class. The only real complaint I have with any of them is that we were all under a great deal of pressure to complete each one on time while still completing the stuff from other classes. The vague details of the assignments allowed for a lot of creative freedom, but also occasionally left us without direction.

1. Cameraless filmmaking was the best assignment. The materials and techniques we were given along with the timeless theme of the 4 elements made for a very creative project. In that first assignment, we learned so many different and easy ways of making experimental films, it was very interesting. Magazine transfers were my favorite.
2. The 48 hour film race was exciting. I really liked the chance to film and edit a movie all on my own.
3. Anaglyph Filmmaking was fun. I liked the chance to shoot in 3D.
4. Multi-Plane Animation wasn't particularly my favorite. I liked using the Super 8, but moving each image frame by frame was TEDIOUS! The pixelationaspect was more interesting.
5. Pinhole Camera was the one of worst assignments of the 6. Although I still enjoed the editing process of the project, the actual creation of the pinhole cameras wasn't easy. Additionally, my photos failed to develop, which was very upsetting. Though I liked the idea of the synesthesia component, It would have been much more easy for me to complete my video if I'd been able to upload music into Final Cut.
6. The Bolex Long Take was the worst assignment. I like the idea of a fully mechanical camera, but the Bolex was very difficult to load. Additionally, it just wan't as exciting as the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment